Elprint Norge AS (hereafter “Elprint”) respects your privacy. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users. It is our policy to process personal data for purposes that are objectively justified by our service and to perform the processing in accordance with fundamental respect for the right to privacy, including the need to protect personal integrity and private life and to ensure that personal data are of adequate quality.
Elprint collects the following personal data in line with the use purposes explained in the Use of information section:
– Your name
– Contact details, including company affiliation, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers
– User license details, including authentication data and access privileges
– Information about service usage, including ip-addresses
– Other information you upload or provide to us
Elprint does not collect payment information (such as credit card details).
Use of information
In the following paragraphs the terms “we” or “our” include Elprint as well as Macaos.
We use (and, where specified, share) your personal information for the following purposes:
– To process transactions. Personal information such as name, physical address, billing address, telephone number, email address, and company/institution are used in processing quotations, orders, shipments, and user licenses. We may need to share some of this information with participating manufacturers, delivery services, and other third parties to complete the transaction.
– To provide support or other services. We may use your personal information to provide you with support or other services that you have ordered or requested. We may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information or pass your contact information to the appropriate distributor or reseller for further follow-up related to your interests.
– To provide information based on your needs and respond to your requests. We may use your personal information to provide you with notices of new product releases and service developments.
– To assess usage of products and services. We may track your usage of products and services to determine your level of usage, and those usage statistics may be made available to our partners and your company/institution.
– To communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event. We may communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event hosted or co-sponsored by us or one of our partners. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event. Information you provide when registering for or participating in a conference managed or co-sponsored by parties, other than or in addition to us may be shared with those parties, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of those parties.
– To protect our content and services. We may use your information to prevent potentially illegal activities and to enforce our terms and conditions. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity and to screen content to prevent abuse, such as spam. These efforts may, on occasion, result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
Your control of your information
You can control the information we have about you and how we use it in several ways.
– In Macaos Enterprise you can manage the personal information connected to your user license in the User Manager module.
– You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an overview of what personal information we have in our customer/order database, and request changes as necessary.
Personal data about minors and children
Elprint does not knowingly collect data from or about children under 16 without the permission of parent(s)/guardian(s). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 16, please contact us.
Technical and regulatory information
Application logging practices
Macaos automatically records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of users when logging in to any Application. The IP address is a unique number assigned to every computer on the internet. Generally, an IP address changes each time you connect to the internet (it is a “dynamic” address). Note, however, that if you have a broadband connection, depending on your individual circumstance, the IP address that we collect may contain information that could be deemed identifiable. This is because, with some broadband connections, your IP address doesn’t change (it is “static”) and could be associated with your personal computer.
As well as recording the IP addresses of users, Macaos automatically records the application name and version, date and time of login. Your activity is logged as necessary to insure the integrity and functionality of the Macaos system. Logged activity includes (but is not limited to) such operations as getting quotations, placing orders and publishing products.
Website logging practices
Elprint automatically records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of visitors to our Websites. As well as recording the IP addresses of users, Elprint may also keep track of sites that users visited immediately prior to visiting a Website and the search terms they used to find it. We may keep track of the pages visited on Websites, the amount of time spent on those pages and the types of searches done on them. Your searches remain confidential and anonymous. Elprint uses this information only for statistical purposes to find out which pages users find most useful and to improve the Website.
Elprint also captures and stores information that you transmit. This may include:
– Browser/Device type/version
– Operating system used
– Media Access Control (MAC) address
– Date and time of the server request
– Volume of data transferred
External links behavior
Some Websites link to other sites created and maintained by other public- and/or private-sector organizations. Elprint provides these links solely for your information and convenience. When you transfer to an outside web site, you are leaving the Elprint domain, and our information management policies no longer apply. Elprint encourages you to read the privacy statement of each external web site that you visit before you provide any personal data.
Cookies and web beacons
Cookies and web beacons are electronic placeholders that are placed on your device by web sites to track your individual movements on that web site over time. Elprint may use both session-based cookies (which last only for the duration of the user’s session) and persistent cookies (which remain on your device and provides information about the session you are in and waits for the next time you use that site again).
These cookies and web beacons provide useful information to Elprint, enabling us to recognize repeat users, facilitate the user’s access to and use of our sites, allows us to track usage behavior, and to balance the usage of our Websites on all Elprint web servers.
Tracking cookies, third-party cookies, and other technologies such as web beacons may be used to process additional information, enable non-core functionalities on the Websites and enable third-party functions (such as a social media “share” link).
Do Not Track (DNT)
The online advertising industry has self-regulatory initiatives designed to provide consumers a choice in the types of ads they may see online and to conveniently opt-out from online behavioral ads served by some or all of the companies participating in these programs. Our Websites may not respond to DNT consumer browser settings.
Collaboration with authorities
Elprint will ensure proper communication with the relevant regulatory authority for privacy. As necessary, we will lead investigative action, complaint handling and data breach notification. We will also monitor regulatory changes and consult the regulatory authority where implementation of a regulatory or technological change leads to doubt.
Transfer of information to other countries
Elprint users and suppliers are located throughout the world. For this reason, Elprint may transfer information to other countries. By submitting your information to Elprint via the Websites, or in connection with your use of any Application, you consent to such transfers and to the processing of this information in other countries.
Responses to legal requests
Elprint reserves the right to share your information to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law.
Your European Union privacy rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679) (also known as GDPR), if you are an individual protected by the GDPR you may have certain rights as a data subject. To request information about or avail yourself of those rights, please send an email to email@example.com with “GDPR Request” in the subject line. In the email please describe, with specificity, the GDPR right you are requesting assistance with. Please note additional information may be requested prior to initiation of a request and that Elprint reserves the right to charge a fee with respect to certain requests. Upon completion of our review you will be notified if your request has been granted, denied, or exemptions apply.
Your California privacy rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as S.B. 27), if you are a California resident and your business relationship with Elprint is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by email, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by S.B. 27’s requirements.
Elprint Norge AS